Sports Litigation Alert Delivers Expert Commentary involving the Sports Law Industry in the Latest Issue
The latest issue of Sports Litigation Alert features case summaries and articles from every corner of the sports law industry, from amateur to professional, reinforcing its reputation as the nation’s leading sports law periodical.
The Alert publishes 24 times a year and provides subscriber with access to a searchable archive of close to 3,000 sports law-related summaries and articles. To subscribe, visit http://www.hackneypublications.com/sportslitigationalert/subscribe.php
The February 15, 2019 issue, in particular, includes analysis of recent judicial opinions involving Title IX, Constitutional questions concerning athletic eligibility, and the rights of consumers who purchase tickets for sporting events. Among the guest authors in the case summary section are sports law professor Michael Carroll of Troy University and high-profile sports law attorney Jonathan Pressment of Haynes Boone.
In the article section, experienced sports law attorney Carla Varriale of Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale write about the Constitutional questions that were raised when two fans were ejected from the New York Giants-San Francisco 49ers football game at Levi’s Stadium.
Among the other articles are:
• Claims of Financial Exigency & Roster Management Practices Under Scrutiny in Portz v. St. Cloud State University – By Ellen J. Staurowsky, Ed.D., Senior Writer & Professor, Department of Sport Management, Drexel University
• State Legislators React to Proposed Federal Title IX Regulations with State Law Proposals – By Gregg E. Clifton, John G. Long, Susan D. Friedfel and Monica H. Khetarpal, of Jackson Lewis
• Rams Settle Some of the St. Louis PSL-related Litigation – By Jeff Birren, Senior Writer and former Oakland Raiders General Counsel
• Herrick Sports Law Group Promotes Sports Lawyer to Partner
• Former Field Hockey Athlete Fights to Hold American University Liable – By Joseph Hanna, of Goldberg Segalla
• Former Hockey Enforcer Targets Canadian Leagues with Concussion Lawsuit
• Family of Deceased Pro Basketball Player Responds to NBA’s Motion to Dismiss Her Wrongful Death Action
• beIN SPORTS Files New Legal Action with FCC against Comcast
• US Lacrosse Garners Praise for Speaking Out Against Native American Mascots
“We take great pride in recruiting great sports law attorneys and professors, who are willing to share their keen insights with our readership,” said Holt Hackney, the long-time editor. “I am confident that there is something of great value in every issue of the Alert, making it invaluable to today’s ports law attorney.”