Robert Fountain Promoted to Texas Rangers Corporate Counsel
Sports lawyer Robert Fountain has been named corporate counsel of the Texas Rangers Baseball Club.
Fountain, a Stetson University College of Law graduate, leaves behind a position as associate general counsel for the United Soccer League, where he spent the previous ten months.
From 2014 to the summer of 2020, Fountain was an attorney for Minor League Baseball, rising associate counsel to Deputy General Counsel in that time.
In his current role, he will:
– Provide legal advice to executive and senior management on a broad range of legal matters, commercial contracts, and complex transactions.
– Identify emerging risks and trends, analyze and think strategically about complex risk issues, and deliver solutions-oriented advice to mitigate or manage such risks.
– Support the Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates with respect to complex venue management and operations matters for large-scale events.
– Support the Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries with respect to complex commercial real estate matters involving retail, office, acquisitions, dispositions, development, and financing.
– Assist the EVP/General Counsel in corporate governance and compliance matters, immigration matters for uniformed and non-uniformed personnel, a
nd litigation management.
– Promote continual development, optimization, and implementation of contracts creation and legal review processes and standards to maximize efficiency.
– Work with outside counsel and other advisors as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the EVP/General Counsel.