It was announced today that this year’s LawInSport Annual Conference – ‘Understand the Rules of The Game 2020’ will take place November 10-20, 2020 in a digital format with 16 sessions over 10 days as well as 9 open forums for networking and debate.
The LawInSport Annual Conference has a reputation as one of the “must-attend” and “cutting edge” conferences on the key issues and developments in international sports law. LawInSport conferences are not only known for the quality the content, but also the extensive networking opportunities to help delegates build meaningful and long-lasting relationships.
The conference sessions will be spread over the course of 10 days, and will feature:
- in-depth and interactive panel discussions,
- presentations; and
- open forums and networking break-out rooms.
To see more details about the conference click here.
Among the Topics
- Media Rights – How has COVID-19 influenced media rights agreements?
- Artificial Intelligence – Legal considerations for sport
- Player Data – What are the legal rights to player data?
- Tax updates
- Insurance update
- Private equity investment in sport
Governance & regulatory focus:
- Diversity in sports governance & senior management
- What legal and governance lessons have been learned from the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Financial regulation and salary caps
- Esports – Legal developments
- Safeguarding – new approaches and lessons from recent developments
- What is the future of sports integrity functions?
- Anti-Doping – where is the limit with meat contamination?
Dispute resolution focus:
- How can you establish an effective independent National Sports Tribunal?
- Dealing with expert witnesses – using hot tubbing for expert witnesses
- Athlete Empowerment & Activism – Where is the future of athletes in the decision-making process in sport?
- Protecting against exploitation in women’s sport
Key trends and developments:
- General Counsel Forum
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in sports law, sport business and sport administration will benefit from the conference. Previous and regular attendees include:
- international and national sport federations;
- in-house counsels;
- private practice sport lawyers;
- sport executives;
- sports law academics; and,
For many of the conference attendees, the LawInSport Annual Conference is an unmissable event to get inside knowledge on significant and budding issues in international sports law from both an external counsel and in-house perspective.
How to book your tickets
To find out more about the conference, or to purchase tickets, please visit the event page.
You can also follow updates about the conference on social media, using the hashtag #LISconf20.