Hackney Publications, the nation’s leading publisher of sports law periodicals, has announced that the Fall issue of Sports Medicine and the Law (SML), a quarterly electronic newsletter, has published. It features key stories about relevant topics involving the legal side of sports medicine.
SML, which is available on a complimentary basis, can be subscribed to at the site – https://sportsmedicinelaws.com/. The publication is sponsored by the nation’s leading firm in this area of law – Montgomery McCracken (https://www.mmwr.com/).
Among the articles in the latest issue are:
- Potential Expansion of Athletic Programs’ Duty of Care and New Limitations to Waivers of Liability
- Insurance Is Not Killing Football, Other Contact Sports — It’s Making Them Safer
- Exercise As Punishment? Drop And Give Me 20 . . . Hundred Thousand Dollars
- The Cover-Up Is Always Worse Than The Concussion
- Sports Medicine and Sports Law Serve as the Foundation of Tulane’s Center of Sport and Its Unique Educational Model
- Court: School District Shielded by Immunity in Concussion Case
- DeMeco Ryans and a Career-Ending Injury: On to Arbitration!
“In less than a year, Sports Medicine and the Law has become the go-to resource for athletic trainers, doctors, attorneys and other risk management-minded professionals,” said Holt Hackney, the publication’s managing editor. “We’re excited to be able to continue to provide this publication on a complimentary basis as a way to increase awareness about the legal side of the business.”
About Hackney Publications
Hackney Publications is the nation’s leading publisher of sports law periodicals. While some of the publications are supported by subscriptions, others are supported by advertising and sponsorship. The latter represents the most significant area of growth for Hackney Publications. Aside from Sports Medicine and the Law, the company also publishes newsletters with Jackson Lewis (Title IX Alert), Wilson Elser (Concussion Defense Reporter), and Skadden (eSports and the Law).